Saturday, 17 October 2015

Moving Parts

In order to bring my scene to life I want to have a few different moving parts so that it will feel like a real scene rather than just a camera fly-through of a stationary diorama. I have chosen to have spinning doors, clouds, foliage and a few birds gliding around to show off how high the scene is in its landscape. The grass will be on top of the cliff so it will be affected greatly by the wind which I hope to have a hard breeze to make it move properly in the wind. I will do this from the use of materials within unreal engine 4.


The doors and clouds are moving with the use of Blueprints and the timeline functions, however these are only for the time being as they start from the beginning and keep looping until it finishes which I want to change so that they move properly, especially the doors which I want to only move when the camera is focused on that point. Overall I am happy with the progress that I am at and can turn my attention to getting the rest of the scene up to standard, I also need to work on the particle effects such as the running water flowing through the middle of the scene.



I have also included an image of my cloud material as it shows how it all works together to get the desired effect. I followed a tutorial to get this result however my material is a little different as I have connections in the world displacement not the world position so when the mesh moves the material stays still in a way in which the clouds look like they are properly moving within the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment