After a lengthy decision I have chosen to go with the Avatar idea basing it more towards the smaller water-fountain area with an enclosed section showing off a large focal piece being a door. I want to show the fountain as a large focal point within the scene as well as it will show off a number of skills such as modelling and the use of materials and particle effects within the unreal engine.
I will also be able to show off some of my level design skills which will enable the use of this scene within my final portfolio at the end of year. It will also enable me to progress in my sculpting skills with the use of Z-Brush as the scene will be on the side of a mountain so I will first need to make the mountain itself then all of the other rocky structures. I am planning to have the scene overgrown with foliage and the rocks itself will be withered to create the atmosphere of it being abandoned for a long period of time, However I still want the scene to have some life within it, so I am planning on having the water-fountain working with running water and also small things such as wind blowing the grass and bushes, maybe even a bird flying around to give off the sense of scale and height but I will have to do some research into these area's to get them to a high standard.
Overall, I am happy with the choice that I have made as it will feed into the skills that I have already got while also making me look into other area's of research to make the scene as a whole look better such as the animated parts of the scene. I am looking forward to the development process and are very hopeful that I can make the scene into a piece of art.
No comments:
Post a Comment