However due to wanting to be an Environmental Artist I thought that just doing a green hill filled landscape wouldn't look very good so I decided to explore other ideas. Another idea was from The last air-bender animated series specifically within the western air-temple as it is set on the underside of a cliff face being built as an upside down city, which would visually look stunning to show the difference of camera angles and how it differs from being upside down. I decided to gather some reference images in a mood board and then proceeded to make very quick block-out of the scene.
One final idea took inspiration from the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy specifically at Minis Tirith, I was first wanting to model the whole city however thinking it over I decided on just designing the top courtyard and main hall as they are at the top of the city and are very stunning in their own right. I went on to collect some reference images again to get a better view of how I would start to make this area.
Out of the three ideas I think that the Lord of the Rings idea will personally be the best as I could do both the inside of the main hall and the outside courtyard which would be a nice big area to make but also manageable about keeping it to a high standard.




No comments:
Post a Comment